Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few weeks back on an NFL Playoff Sunday when the Patriots were playing the Chiefs, I was at the grocery store wearing my Chief Jacket. Boy, did I get some dirty looks and at first did not connect the dots as I often wear this jacket with no reaction. As I was checking out, the clerk said it is not often that we have a Kansas City Chief fan shop here. Do you come from that area???? She, as well as most of the staff were wearing Patriots jerseys that day. I said, no, no, no, look closely, the logo says "Sante Fe". It is a railroad jacket. She gave a big sigh and then asked if I was a Patriots fan.

At another store that day, a gentleman came up to me and said "nice to see another Sante Fe fan". He loved the jacket and asked if I was a model railroader as well. I said absolutely and have an O-Gauge layout. He is into HO and runs exclusively Sante Fe equipment. Made a new train friend that day.

First time for me that a railroad logo was mistaken for a football team.

View attachment 486616

View attachment 486618

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was pretty funny in a way, Spence. As you know, most New Englanders are passionate about their sports teams, so I can understand their reaction on that particular playoff Sunday.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Made a new train friend that day.
I'm glad your experience had a happy ending.

Also, Congrats to the Pats! Another season with a happy ending.

And unfortunately: :cheeky4:Shame on Pats Owner Robert Kraft who was charged in Florida with also having a "Happy Ending". I doubt he's happy about it now. Maybe he can claim Mistaken Identity.:dunno: To bad he doesn't have a more wholesome hobby...like Model Railroading.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he needs one, Emile, with the emphasis on wholesome.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Brian
That is funny! I could see how it could be misinterpreted especially on Super Bowl Sunday but for us Railroad fans we would not even think anything about the logo representing a football team!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is funny, Brian. People who aren't interested in railroads wouldn't have any idea what Santa Fe Chief means. It's great that you met another model railroader and made a new friend.

I'll reserve judgment on Robert Kraft for the time being. We've seen how wrong news reports can be, even when there is a video.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
It was pretty funny in a way, Spence. As you know, most New Englanders are passionate about their sports teams ...
I worked for a company with a major installation in 45 of the top 50 US cities. I was in the NY HQ.'s on a high level conference call with Boston. Since NY and Boston were the first two cities opened, every knew one another having been transferred back and forth over time.

After business the conversations turned to personal subjects, and, then to sports. This was the latter 90's with the Yankees beginning their World Series runs and Boston having yet to break "The Curse of the Gambino". At one point, from Boston over the speaker phone came:

"WE GAVE YOU RUTH."

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"How could anyone that follows football mistake the Santa Fe logo for the Chiefs logo?"

There are sports fans out there that have some pretty shallow recognition qualities. I guess my experience proves this. Anyway, it was pretty funny.

Maybe the next time I go to a comic book convention (just kidding), I should leave my Rail Runner jacket at home. :D:D:D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts