·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
I think I have that issue choo choo.:D
Looks like my first layout. But I had a metal tunnel on mine.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Truly a classic layout. How did you ever manage to get it up that incline safely?

Personally, I would not want mine in a magazine---it's like hanging a sign in front of your house that says "Come steal my trains!"

I've also noticed that some of those layouts are 'bought' layouts: someone else is paid to come in and build it for them. Perhaps it's a character flaw on my part, but I don't equate "look what I bought!" with "Look what I built!" The personal sweat-equity is what makes it a labor of love.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
The closest I've seen is a guy Rich Heinke in Two Rivers Wis. who demoed his layout at the National show in Milwaukee. Great guy and along with the Model RR club in Manitowoc, Wis. do some really amazing things. Hey speaking of which...compare Model Railroader now to say 5yrs. ago Like all Mags down sized less advertisements and content! But I still get HOWLIN MAD when I don't get my issue on time!

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
" ... a guy Rich Heinke in Two Rivers Wis. who demoed his layout ..."
Ha ha ... you said "demoed" ... for some reason, my mind thought "demoed" as in DEMOLISHED ... explosions, sledge hammers and all that! Dohh!:eek:

"Demoed" as in "demonstrated" makes MUCH more sense!

:laugh:

TJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts