Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
16,666 Posts
That's nice of you to post. Thanks. A little far for me in RI, but I like the idea of forum members keying each other in on upcoming shows. Much appreciated.

TJ

·
Yard Master & Research
10,635 Posts
It is a good show. DOn't know if I will make it back in time. Today, there is a small show in LaJolla at a Lutheran church on Scenic drive. Life is rough on the west coast.:D

I wear a San Diego Short Line ball cap, orange and blue. I'll have it on when I go.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,635 Posts
To answer your question, buying train stuff! Tracking down dealers and shows like a ravenous dog and showing up with a wad of howling mad cash. WOlf Call!

Pretty graphic text Huh? (Mad cash doesn't mean nesssarily a lot of it!)

Any news on the show?

I didn't make. Work got extended. Now I have missed it two years in a row. :( I did attend two TTOS meetings one in Lajolla the other in Acadia by Pasedena. :) I got the 1689 whistle tender in Lajolla. I didn't know what to expect but I found it at the last table. The La meet was larger there I found the 1668 just inside the door as I entered. As if it was waiting for me. Like a scrounge I found a couple of junk boxes. I got 6 bar end couplers and a front wheel set that fits the lamp base to the 2026 loco. I was hopping it would fit the 9056 but no dice. At another box I got a whistle unit, a sound button two 022 power plugs and four 022 lanterns and a manual throw for an 042 switch. Then got the small and large loco tires. I also found repro lanterns for the 021 prewar manual switch, so expect that thread to rise from the dust too. As I said before a lot fun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing since the web site listed the date wrong, it was the tenth. There is one in Topsham tomorrow that I will not be able to attend! :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts