Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
The blog looks interesting. It might help with my opinion of them because I am a little disappointed right now. I just submitted my first order to them this weekend. The items and shipping said it would be delivered in 2 to 5 days. When I checked the order to get a tracking number, it is still showing "Awaiting fulfillment." I did not realize that this was delayed because I did not click the link that shows as click here for shipping status. I figured that was to check on the order after it was shipped. Today, they were shipping orders placed on January 5.

I am a little disappointed, but it is not their fault completely. The web site says to check shipping status there and I did not check it before I ordered. I consider this a mutual misunderstanding. I am going to wait to see when it really arrives (hopefully by next Friday - the 22nd - so I can work on the layout over that weekend) before I say there is a problem. I will say they have reasonable prices from what I can see.

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
The blog looks interesting. It might help with my opinion of them because I am a little disappointed right now. I just submitted my first order to them this weekend. The items and shipping said it would be delivered in 2 to 5 days. When I checked the order to get a tracking number, it is still showing "Awaiting fulfillment." I did not realize that this was delayed because I did not click the link that shows as click here for shipping status. I figured that was to check on the order after it was shipped. Today, they were shipping orders placed on January 5.

I am a little disappointed, but it is not their fault completely. The web site says to check shipping status there and I did not check it before I ordered. I consider this a mutual misunderstanding. I am going to wait to see when it really arrives (hopefully by next Friday - the 22nd - so I can work on the layout over that weekend) before I say there is a problem. I will say they have reasonable prices from what I can see.
Sounds like the item may have been back ordered. Were they showing inventory on hand when you ordered it?
I agree with GRJ. I've ordered from them many times, and never had cause to complain about how long packing and shipping took. The only time I had an issue with an order from them it was UPS's fault.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like the item may have been back ordered. Were they showing inventory on hand when you ordered it?
I agree with GRJ. I've ordered from them many times, and never had cause to complain about how long packing and shipping took. The only time I had an issue with an order from them it was UPS's fault.
This was the first time I ordered from them. Everything showed in stock. I really am not too upset, more disappointed than upset. I mean, they really do post it on their web site how long a delay is for shipping. It says right now that they are shipping orders placed on January 7. It implies that the delay was caused by the overload of holiday orders, which is plausible. If I had read the note before I placed the order, I would not be disappointed at all. Of course, I might not have placed the order from them, since other companies were showing quicker delivery dates.

I get 90% of my railroad supplies from Dibble's Hobbies in San Antonio and will continue to do so. It is a little more expensive, but I want to support my local shop and pay them back for all the advice they have given me. But I am trying a couple different mail order places to see how they do, just in case I need to in the future. This is the second place I have tried. The other was Trainworld.com because of their supply of discontinued stock.

·
Registered
94 Posts
They have been slower due to covid and they apparently shut down their store front. I used to go to their store front frequently when I had my previous layout but with the new one I’ve ordered online. I live an hour away and my order took over a week to get to me. Next order will be for curbside pickup. I’d rather drive an hour and pickup than wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts