Model Train Forum banner

181 - 200 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Searched the thread, but didn't see it mentioned by either the movie's title or the main actor (Chevy Chase), the movie is called "Nothing But Trouble" theirs a dinner scene where the Judge(Dan Akroyd) has a Lionel set inside the table that has condiments on it. Starts at the 4:30 mark- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apjvf9YNzEM
I just showed my wife this video clip, and she said that she may let me make something like this for our kitchen table lol

·
Registered
687 Posts
There is a commercial on right now for a new car with a train running around it and that Steamer Loco has to be the best Smoker I have ever seen, could it be smoking that good or was it doctored up with magic for the commercial?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Just saw the opening of the movie "Holiday Affair", made in 1949. The opening credits and first few minutes show, I assume, Lionel trains in a Christmas display at a department store. Robert Mitchum is the salesman. I'm curious to see what else shows up.

·
Registered
136 Posts
About the Addams Family movie?
The diesel loco was a complete FAKE
was designed to explode

other movies with model trains are:
Total Recall with Arnold That one was a model on the set of Mars
Chip n Dale with Donald Duck: Out of Scale & Toy Tinkers
Sierra #3 4-6-0 Need I say more?

ohh in a early B&W episode of The Wild Wild West there was a HO scale train set!
Lone Ranger movie there was a HO set in the business car

Hopefully Pixar/Disney is working on a Trains movie hehe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Loco Motives: CSI

In the Crime drama CSI (Vegas) season 7 had a recurring story (episodes 1, 2, 7, 10, 11, 16, 20, & 24 and then wraps up in season 8) about a serial killer who built scale dioramas of the crime scene and sent them to the crime lab. In season 7 episode 10 “Loco Motive” the plot appears to climax when a man who builds model trains is confronted and about the murders and confesses. They confront him in his train room, HO scale ATS&F, I think. It is featured prominently. During the investigation, the CSIs visit a hobby shop which was enlightening to the general public. When ever this plot line popped up, my wife gave me a strange “are YOU a serial killer” look.

The you tube link is below.

[Loco Motives][https://youtu.be/KAqIlWPH6aM]

She also reminded me there is a train set (toy train ) in Toy Story 2.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Any time I point out a model train, or a Merkur(or it's euro ancestor) in a movie/TV my wife just rolls her eyes, and shakes her head.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Any time I point out a model train, or a Merkur(or it's euro ancestor) in a movie/TV my wife just rolls her eyes, and shakes her head.
Women in general, but wives in particular, are good at that in all sorts of situations!! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Classic collector Monroe!!

Last nights episode of Grimm, Monroes X-mas trains are running on fasttrack even. Wife just rolled her eyes as I pointed it out:dunno:
Saw this when the show first hit the Tube and laughed my *** off at Monroe's excitement and nicks utter lack of understanding...train Guys!!:laugh::laugh:

181 - 200 of 234 Posts