Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I'm totally new to this forum; so, sorry if any of this has been discussed recently and/or beaten to death.)

Does anyone know if there is a list available online of mainstream movies that have featured model trains? In particular, I'm looking for the title to one that I saw a very long time ago -- probably in the mid- to late-1950s. The film itself probably dated from the 1930s or 1940s.

The film was about a rich family that used a model train to pass food around their very-large dinner table. At least that's what I remember. It could be that it just hauled the gravy or the salt and pepper. I vaguely remember that it was controlled by the head of the family, and that he was a jolly fellow.

In any case, I immediately wanted a setup like that for my family's dinner table!

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Welcome! Actually, I do not think anyone has asked about this around here, and even if was beaten to death would not really care ;)

I myself do not know of a list of model train videos, although someone else around here may... I did do some searching on YouTube for you and I may have found the video you remember from the 50's... Nonetheless though it is really cool :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Thanks, Boston, that's fantastic! It isn't quite as I remember it, but what is? I remember the dinner table and dining room as much fancier, the diners more upper-class, a locomotive pulling the train, and an older -- and much jollier -- fellow controlling it. Still, unless this one was a humorous take on the original, it must be the one, since there can't have been many scenes with model trains on the dinner table. In any case, this one is marvelous!

Thanks, again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts