Model Train Forum banner

Model Trains in the News

17K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  pillsfury 
#1 ·
I made this forum because I think there is some attention devoted to model trains in general in the media, and this is a good place to consolidate those stories for every one to view.

Please feel free to create a post if you see something that you would like to share with the other members.

#9 ·
Rod Stewart in GQ

"I've been working my butt off today just so I can get two and a half hours upstairs with my trains. Silly as it may be to other people, that's what's important to me. Have you got a hobby? It clears my mind. It's three dimensional because the trains work, so there's the electrical, there's painting, and there's carpentry involved. I can go upstairs and work on my layout and the whole world can get lost, you know? Every man needs that.

Mod Edit: Remove profanity

#10 ·
I love how this forum is titled "Model Trains in the News" but the top articles are stories about real trains and people doing stupid stuff....ie stealing trains, stealing train horns.....title doesnt fit the stories or visa versa......reading comprehension........

#12 ·
Thanks New Guy 95

Totally loved the video you linked to us. I'm a Wabash O gauge fanatic, too, without the bucks that this guy obviously has to play with, but enough to make me very happy. I'm also a songwriter of some note, at least on the Canadian west coast, so stay tuned for my classic song and story, called "Bluebird of the Wabash". I will be posting a link very soon...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.