Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Yard Master & Research
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So far in the O scale Forum I worked on Post items now as the box is nearing completion I have a chance to show you some Prewar trains.

Here I start off with a roof to a 1630 passenger car.

[

·
Yard Master & Research
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
More cleaning

It does drag on for eight minutes but after many instances of describing it , now you can actually see it at work.

Not bad without a script :thumbsup:

The audio is better than expected you can hear my allergy at work.:(

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
T, I have had really good results from naval Jelly.
I like it because it brushes on, and hoses off. There are the rough ones that use the wire brush, but I just put the brass brush in the Drill and super-clean it.

Have you ever tried it?
If so, what would be the comparison to that compound, which does look good.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was a broken tab that holds the relay so I glued it first the added some epoxy!!

On these older tenders I find the roller springs are normally shot.

Just add a new spring

The old and new

It is not difficult to do, Just lift the spring one turn at a time over the rivet. The opposite installing the new one, Just don't bend the spring.

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
It's his artistic signature. Wouldn't be a T-Man project without a little epoxy swoosh somewhere in the mix! ;)

Nice cleanup on the passenger cars, T ... clean, but "aged character" still there.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
T, I have had really good results from naval Jelly.
I like it because it brushes on, and hoses off. There are the rough ones that use the wire brush, but I just put the brass brush in the Drill and super-clean it.

Have you ever tried it?
If so, what would be the comparison to that compound, which does look good.
I am stuck on the compounds. On this job I paid attention to the roofs. I have used it for aluminum. Also it took only 15 minutes for one piece. Why wait for the jelly to work?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts