Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember years ago using a product called "Mountains in Minutes". It was great for creating mountains, tunnels, plateaus, etc. Is that product made anymore or is there something similar?

·
Registered
4,333 Posts

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
They're still made and available from various sources. Shop around for the best price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was the foam -- two parts, one a catalyst that swelled several times it's size and could be carved/painted.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
This was the foam -- two parts, one a catalyst that swelled several times it's size and could be carved/painted.
That sounds like a regular spray-foam that you can get in any hardware shop, except that you need to let it dry for quite a while.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the hardware store spray foam used in model railroad scenery? Is there a best type/brand?

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Is the hardware store spray foam used in model railroad scenery? Is there a best type/brand?
It can be, yes. I don't know that any one brand is preferable. I buy whatever is cheapest.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
The problem with insulating spray foam is controlling it once it's out of the can. This stuff expands to ten times its size once released and you have little to no control over where it's going or in what direction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts