Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Schizophrenic Engineer
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
User Titles Explained

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the breakdown of user titles, it's based on the number of posts you have:

Gang Laborer - 0-99 posts
Brakeman - 100-249 posts
Conductor - 250-699
Engineer - 700+

Looks like we have a few members who are getting to the end of the hard labor stage! Thanks for all your contributions.
Make this thread the place to post the post that put you into the next level of forum achievement.

·
Schizophrenic Engineer
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
100th post

With this post I am no longer a Gang Laborer.

I now get to ride!

Where the hell is the brake?

john

·
Yard Master & Research
10,902 Posts
On the rise

Just to announced I made it to my 700th posts.
MTF is a great place. I appreciate the feedback.
I try not to lead posters astray, but you guys keep me straight.What is interesting is that I learn more with every post.
Thanks for the support.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Trying out my signature picture

Just wanted to try out my profile picture and avatar. Both are real pictures and belonged to my grandfather who was an Train Station Agent (not sure of the exact title) for the Santa Fe.

·
Schizophrenic Engineer
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Fifty more and I will get to sit in the train instead of on top of it:thumbsup::laugh:

·
Schizophrenic Engineer
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya need to post more , son....lol
I am not going to catch you untill your back gets better. Which I hope is soon.

Or a lose my job. Not likely we are slamed. It is a good nich market of auto repair.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I own one shop, The Skunk Works, that builds hot rods/street rods. Business is real good. Can't understand it with the economy. We actually have a waiting list......

We are so busy for the past few years that we haven't had time to even start a web page. Couldn't maintain one even if we had it. We have (8) cars in the shop that's crowded when we have (4). Something has to break soon. Need more space.

We originally did about (6) cars a year. We've done that many since Christmas. I hate to make any moves with the economy. I'll keep th little shop until we just can't move around any more.

Got a few of other irons in the fire, too. Everyone is screaming about the economy and I have to turn work away, hire more people, and just go nuts in general. Hopefully it keeps going.

By the way, most of my posts are from work at the shop. I show up, answer the phone,sit at the desk, turn a couple wrenches(I'm the chief engine builder and I have a helper...a sit down job) and drink coffee all day.

·
Schizophrenic Engineer
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With this post #250 I get to move inside the train where it is nice and warm. I was getting cold out there on top of that old box car.

·
Schizophrenic Engineer
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TwoRail has made it to engineer, over 700 post.

Stationmaster has 600 post

Way to go John, and Bob.

John

·
Schizophrenic Engineer
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Post #500

This thread was started back when no one had over 800 post. I got to get back in here more

·
play every day
4,950 Posts
Just wanted to try out my profile picture and avatar. Both are real pictures and belonged to my grandfather who was an Train Station Agent (not sure of the exact title) for the Santa Fe.
Hi ciscos, :)

Your pics look really interesting... can you post them full sized?

Greg

·
play every day
4,950 Posts
I own one shop, The Skunk Works, that builds hot rods/street rods. Business is real good. Can't understand it with the economy. We actually have a waiting list......

We are so busy for the past few years that we haven't had time to even start a web page. Couldn't maintain one even if we had it. We have (8) cars in the shop that's crowded when we have (4). Something has to break soon. Need more space.

We originally did about (6) cars a year. We've done that many since Christmas. I hate to make any moves with the economy. I'll keep th little shop until we just can't move around any more.

Got a few of other irons in the fire, too. Everyone is screaming about the economy and I have to turn work away, hire more people, and just go nuts in general. Hopefully it keeps going.

By the way, most of my posts are from work at the shop. I show up, answer the phone,sit at the desk, turn a couple wrenches(I'm the chief engine builder and I have a helper...a sit down job) and drink coffee all day.
Good to hear there's another risk-taking American Capitalist enterpreneur here. :) That's the way to prosper regardless of economic cycles by creating your own job instead of needing someone else to give you a job. I started a small business in the middle of the last big recession in 1979, and it's provided for all of our needs and wants ever since.

Greg

·
Premium Member
16,676 Posts
Bob -- I enjoyed reading about your hot rod shop. Sounds like a fun / successful venture!

Bill -- Excellent photo ... great looking loco. Too bad the photo is ripped, but only in the margins. Thanks for posting!

Cheers,

TJ

1 - 20 of 196 Posts