·
Registered
689 Posts
Apparently not, until you get up to the
MRC 0001416 Prodigy Advance 2 Wireless

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
If you haven't yet purchased it, the Prodigy Advance 2 Wireless referenced by cid or the Prodigy Advance 2 Wifi (MRC 0001424) is what you want to get. If you already own a Prodigy unit, then either the Wireless Conversion Kit (MRC 0001412) or the Prodigy Wifi (MRC 0001530) enables you to convert your existing unit to wireless capability. The difference is that the "wireless" versions use MRC's wireless throttles, while the "Wifi" ones allow you to use any smartphone or tablet with an app as a throttle.

My personal preference, for reasons of ergonomics, tactile feedback, and precision of input (I find it hard to make minute adjustments on a touchscreen), is for the wireless versions (disclaimer: this is what I have, and have been very happy with for 12 years now).

Reactions: Yoppeh7J-UPmp954

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the product advertised. From the picture I assumed it was the wireless version, I run my home track with NCE but my local club is MRC. If its not wireless I can still use it on the club layout.

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
The MRC 0001415 that you show / have is the wired version.. if you want the wireless, it is MRC 0001411.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your replies gentlemen, it was brought to run at my local Railway Club which is MRC (my home layout is NCE) I would have liked a wireless handset but it will suffice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts