Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased MRC 1370 railpower power pack. AC terminals have power, DC terminals have no power when throttle in on position. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you buy it new? Used?

On-line? Local hobby shop?
Thanks for responding guys. Bought it used for a cheap $17 on line. I looked at the wiring diagram, when it comes to some of these diagrams, not sure where the circuit breaker/solid state rectifier is located. Might be simpler just to buy another one that's been fully tested as I don't have necessary tool to use on those lockdown screws.

·
Premium Member
13,342 Posts
Hate to say it, but you still get what you pay for….no wonder it was only $17…..the seller wanted to get rid of it….

The used ones we sell at our train store are fully tested, but sell for half the price of a new one….

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys - Thanks for all your input regarding the MRC 1370 power pack. I gave MRC a call this morning and the rep offer the following solution:

Told me to put a bit of WD-40 or similar into the reversing switch which sometimes gets hung up with old grease from initial manufacture and to move the switch back and forth a few times. Nothing to lose so I gave it a try and after a bit the DC terminals became powered. Will monitor situation to ensure it continues to work. He said if it was the circuit breaker than both DC and AC terminals would be dead.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it working. Still a little balky. Sometimes requires moving directional switch from forward to reverse occasionally. Will give it another shot of cleaner. At least I have DC power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts