Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 372 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my PRR FB posts a lot of Front End Friday pictures and I searched and didn't see a thread like that here so I figured I'd start one and see if it it gets any traction and takes off! It's a fun way to keep a thread going and show off your front ends!!!

Made my inaugural FEF post on the FB group so figured I'd mirror that with the inaugural FEF MTF thread!!!

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Camera accessory Rolling Bicycle part
Wheel Train Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
110 Posts
ok, I"ll play. Here's a pic of my first loco, a Williams 4-6-2 that I first bought on ebay to be a shelf queen in my office. I detailed it with an Elesco, a generator, tool box, air lines, reversing gear etc and the dam burst...decided to get into the hobby...layout, rolling stock, more locos etc. It remains a shelf queen cause it's a lousy runner...geared way too. Doesn,t alter the fact that I like looking at it. And I think this thread is a great idea. Train Rolling stock Rolling Motor vehicle Steam engine
Train Vehicle Motor vehicle Rolling stock Mode of transport

·
Registered
2,769 Posts

Next one is a real locomotive, the Kamloops Heritage Railway, ex-Canadian National, 2-8-0, taken from the vestibule of the car to which it was coupled. It had run around to the other end of the consist and was on its way back to Kamloops from Armstrong, but running tender first. Hit a hay truck and wagon at a farmer's field about 45 minutes after this shot was taken. Nobody hurt, a bent stirrup on the tender's leading end, and minimal damage to the 5-ton gravel truck and it's 5-ton trailer which held about four tons of hay bales.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I like the thread idea. Thanks for starting it. Unfortunitly it's rare I get in here on Fridays so I hope you don't mind late entries on Saturday mornings. This is one of my HO engines before it got packed away with all the rest.
Chaos.

Reactions: Big Ed and prrfan

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the thread idea. Thanks for starting it. Unfortunitly it's rare I get in here on Fridays so I hope you don't mind late entries on Saturday mornings. This is one of my HO engines before it got packed away with all the rest.
Chaos.
I like the idea of the thread as well that's why I started it hoping everybody would like it as well. I enjoy seeing the front end shots in my PRR FB group every Friday. Unfortunately I will run out of engines to take front end shots in a few weeks but I can always repeat the same engines in different positions to try and keep it going every Friday morning!

1 - 20 of 372 Posts