Model Train Forum banner
261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
E6 "The Southerner" A&B.

View attachment 575066
Man I wish the PRR had these I really like the way they look... I may have to make a few "fantasy" PRR engines to run every once in a while. I had already planned on making the 1 of 3 Spectrum K4's I have into the mysterious Tuscan Red paint scheme that nobody ever can confirm if they really did due to the B&W photos from the time so maybe I can do an E6 PRR train as well :unsure:

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
And, that particular passenger train - The Southerner - ran from Nawlins to NYC daily.

And according to the schedule (Table D) in the link below it ran on "Penna RR" rails. So you could have one "just passing through"... daily. :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Jealous I am.
I've had a fondness for Baldwin ever since I got the book "Locomotives that Baldwin Built" as a teen (still have it). Here's my other Baldwin-marked locomotive:
Train Wheel Rolling stock Track Mode of transport

Namesake of the Columbia class of locomotive (2-4-2). Baldwin built it for the Columbia Exposition of 1893. The model is an Aristocraft, but I had to replace the tender trucks and figure out where the frame was shorting against the wheels.

261 - 272 of 272 Posts