Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m curious to know what the daily readership is after the forum changes. Is it the same, increased, or decreased.
I remember on the old site you could see who was on the site (that day), but can’t find that info now. The other thing I remember is the statistics, for me it made it easier to go to a topic I had started, to update with a post. That being said,I think adding the photos now is a big improvement..cheers

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,982 Posts
top right click your avatar, the click following, then click my discussions, that is all the threads you started.
to the right of the discussions is Participated discussions, that is all you answered in threads.
easy once you get used to it.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,982 Posts
I can't help you with the amount of members that has been on in a day, I know it has dropped dramatically since the change.
New topics too.
You can see who is currently on right now. Most of the time it is only around 15, a far cry from the old format.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I too have noticed a drop in the postings at any given time of day/night and the amount of new topics posted on HO, O and S forums. Gotta wonder.

Kenny

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
Seasonal is definitely a factor. Even with coronavirus, participation in this forum always drops this time of year when the weather gets nice enough to be outside. I'm not locked in my house; I just can't go socialize and attend large gatherings.

I have to say, though, that I never believed the "attendance" numbers on the old format. They always seemed way too high for the amount of posting that was going on. Beefed up to increase ad revenue, perhaps?

Did we lose some participants as a result of the format change? Yes, undoubtedly there are some members who are off sulking in a corner because someone moved their cheese. A little wisdom would show them that the reason the forum exists -- to discuss train / model railroad-related topics -- hasn't changed, and they should just suck it up, figure out the new software (which ain't hard, with about 15 minutes of experimenting and the same amount of time reading the FAQ page -- basically much less time and effort than they have already spent whining about a done deal) and go back to what they came here for in the first place, that wouldn't be an issue. Yes, I know that's harsh, but I'm tired of it.

Reactions: T-Man

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I mean, ok. Here is my post. Today I glued some more stuff down, and I opened a new engine box and looked at it. I mean how boring is that? If ever get my act together I may actually run it!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
When I first saw the change I missed some of the forums that were here.
Then I noticed at the upper right that the list could be expanded back to the old list.
Nothing is gone. If it is easier to read that is a good thing for me.
It does seem to be more colorful.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,652 Posts
WIth today's wizardry, just having your fancy phone turned on, count you as being logged in?
I see on facebook all my friends logged in but I am sure that through messenger they are just on their phones.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
@T-Man -- Facebook actually has an app you install on your phone that continues to run all the time. Ths forum only 'sees' you as online when you are actively going through pages of the forum, so just having your phone isn't enough to mark you as here... although now that I think of it, it -could- see you if you kept your browser open to one of the pages here (and this would apply to both a phone and a desktop).

Clear as mud? :)

·
Yard Master & Research
10,652 Posts
@T-Man -- Facebook actually has an app you install on your phone that continues to run all the time. Ths forum only 'sees' you as online when you are actively going through pages of the forum, so just having your phone isn't enough to mark you as here... although now that I think of it, it -could- see you if you kept your browser open to one of the pages here (and this would apply to both a phone and a desktop).

Clear as mud? :)
facebook uses messenger. Any discussions I have is through the pc no the phone. On MTF I was wondering if TapTalk operates that way. For some reason I see members posting that I have not seen in a long time. Maybe because the icons are larger.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts