Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older F3 with Proto Sound 2. Ordered a new battery and also a charger. The battery is the 9Volt style. The charger has another type of plug with two holes. There are two open plugs on the loco board. One is yellow and the other is green. Can someone tell me which is for charging the battery? The instruction manual for the train does not show which one to use.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
707 If the loco has a charging port it is NOT inside the shell it is on the bottom of the loco if diesel OR on bottom of tender if steam. Earley ps2 donot have a charging port. A mth charger has round plug & a 2 pin plug both the round plug goes to 9 volt batt & 2 pin plug goes 3 volt batt. Earley ps2 only charg when on track at 13 to 16 volts. Or replace batt with a charged one OR a BCR . I would go with the BCR .It only takes a BCR 60 seconds to charg even if it has sat around for a year or so.. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
707 If the loco has a charging port it is NOT inside the shell it is on the bottom of the loco if diesel OR on bottom of tender if steam. Earley ps2 donot have a charging port. A mth charger has round plug & a 2 pin plug both the round plug goes to 9 volt batt & 2 pin plug goes 3 volt batt. Earley ps2 only charg when on track at 13 to 16 volts. Or replace batt with a charged one OR a BCR . I would go with the BCR .It only takes a BCR 60 seconds to charg even if it has sat around for a year or so.. Hope that helps.
I do not have a charging port. The charger has a 2 pin and round plug. The battery the dealer sent is a PS NiCad but looks like a 9V...no way to charge from charger.

There are 2 open (non used) Female plugs on the main board one yellow one green. Thought the battery would be plugged in then charger to one of those plugs. Now I'm really confused.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wonder if I got a 9V plug and soldered it to the mini plug wire it would charge the battery external of the loco ? I don't see what would be the difference? What do you think?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts