Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MTH 4-8-8-4 Big Boy, Union Pacific #4014
HO Gauge

PRICE CUT!
$400 plus $20 shipping within lower 48 USA
Will be shipped double-boxed and insured
PayPal or VENMO

Everything is NIB
Take a look at the 3 attached photos: no scratches on box, all components still wrapped and undisturbed, end of box shows all features of this iconic engine/tender set

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
box shows 2010 .... i wonder if the grease should be changed out after all this time ??
Haha:)
Purchased in 2015; in the original wrapping, in the box, in the house the entire time. Won't even need dusting!

Stultus:
Sorry for the late reply. Had to have the phone turned off for most of the afternoon.
Other guys will have to answer the DCC question. All I know is what is on the box.

Scott

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the smaller version a year after taking the attached photo when 4014 stopped in Salt Lake City in May of 2014 while on its way to being restored in Cheyenne. Original size of photo is 10"x48".

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
If I remember right, circa 2010-ish, wasn't MTH still trying to push their own DCC standard (that no one else used) and compatibility was still then a Your-Mileage-Might-Vary sort of situation??

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
i -think- mth went to proto sound 3 in 2011, a year after this one was -supposedly- made ...
i don't know the logos at all, and as i said before, i have no mth items ..
2010 should have been protosound 2, no ???

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am very tempted...… I am very bad at telling myself no.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Final Price Cut!

Tough crowd out there.
Final price cut to $350 + $20 shipping.
Will be taken off the market if that doesn't sell.

Scott

PS: Appears the original post is too old to edit. So this is the only place I can put this notice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A couple of questions regarding editing For Sale posts:

1 - Even though I am the originator of this sales thread, it appears that there is a time limit for editing. None of the posts, even mine, can be edited. Any way around this? I want to edit the first post to show a lower price.

2 - Any way I can close this thread and try again?

Scott

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cannot edit this original thread so it has been replaced with one showing the new, reduced price in Post #1.

Scott

1 - 20 of 21 Posts