Model Train Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
this is great information many thanks.
I used a gaugemaster controller (DC) and just touched the centre pickup and a wheel and motor ran.
there is a speaker which i removed from the base but it was not connected to anything.
The original control system was removed from the Loco (failed, scavenged for another loco, etc.).

At the least, you need a bridge rectifier to run the Loco's DC motors on classic O-Gauge AC transformers (Forward Only - $10). A step up would be a reverse module that would provide DC to the motors and offer reverse capability with minimal sound (Horn & Bell, $60+). After that there's several options to add sophisticated control systems, enhance sound, "cruise control", etc. ($100s+)

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
The MTH is a transformer, just power. So my previous post still applies. A bridge rectifier or reverse unit would work. I run conventional (Lionel Prewar) so I don't have advice for the sophisticated control system options in the loco and for the control. Others here will likely offer options in that regard.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Would like to know more about these other engines you have acquired. Is there another engine with the female end of that Futaba wire like you have on this engine?
Ron
Circuit component Electronic engineering Electronic component Electrical wiring Composite material

21 - 24 of 24 Posts