Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have an HO MTH GP38-2 with proto 3 sound?

I'm having a problem turning off some sounds I don't want - in particular cab chatter and brake squeal.

I have an NCE Power cab.

The documentation states F26 is brake sounds on/off and F27 is cab chatter on/off.
I have toggled F26 and F27 to no avail.

I even went into the CVs for those sounds CV166 for brake sounds, CV 168 for cab chatter and set them to 0 from the default values using program track. Still got brake squeal and cab chatter.

I am at a loss as to how to turn those off.

·
Registered
436 Posts
If you think it’s a warranty issue I would get it handled ASAP due to mth ceasing at the end of the year

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it figured out. Part of it was getting the Procab to recognize F13-28. A call to MTH customer support helped me figure out the rest. The guy was great. He acknowledged there is a bit of a learning curve with these locomotives in DCC. It's a nice locomotive. Great pulling power, smooth runner, quiet with sounds off. I found out you can set acceleration and deceleration one of 3 ways. Use the standard speed table and set start, mid and max voltage or use the MTH acceleration and deceleration CVs which work in scale MPHs or use a custom speed table. The documentation was a bit confusing but MTH CS helped me out

·
Registered
436 Posts
Good deal I’m glad you got it figured out. I don’t have any mth locos so I couldn’t really help with it. They seem to have quite a following but with them shutting down it makes me quite nervous about buying one of their locos

1 - 4 of 4 Posts