Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
FWIW, normally you have to crimp new pins on those Molex connectors to pull them out. However, I've been very successful at just compressing the tab enough to pull the pin out and then using an X-acto knife to pull the pin back up.
I pop those pins out pretty frequently. I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to be able to do that. I just use a really small jeweler's screwdriver.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Does it still make the noise with the quilling whistle off but the smoking whistle on? The smoking whistle works without the quilling whistle enabled. See the video I posted earlier in the thread of the CB&Q Pacific. Whistle steam is working with the soft keys and the standard whistle button.

I've got a restoration Big Boy and the PFA sequence does the weird sound at the end with the quilling whistle enabled. I just leave the steaming whistle on (as it works without the quilling whistle enabled) when I run the PFA sequence. It's a work around that solves the issue for now.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well for now just make sure the quilling whistle soft key is off before using the PFA sequence and you're good. It'll work that way for now, plus you'll still get whistle smoke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts