Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
With all those magnificent electric power locos, as a traction fan, I sure
would look forward to seeing your layout with it's overhead power lines.

Don

·
Registered
24 Posts
MTH HO Little Joe

On the subject of (MTH) HO Little Joes I have a mystery for anyone that interested. I have a New old stock HO GE DEMO Little Joe with a weird problem. I have to fiddle with the trucks while the power is on the track when I get it to come on sometimes it will just sit there not responding to any commands from the Remote. After Resetting and adding it back to the Remote it may come on and work properly. When it's working everything is normal. When I shut it down and remove the power, for 30 minutes or so the same problem reappears. I can fiddle around with it and it will start working again. I'm at a loss for ideas, I've removed the shell and looked for loose connections etc, but nothing I can see or do to make the problem appear or disappear. I've done the obvious things Cleaned track & wheels, looked for loose connections on the PC boards. This engine is new and the problem came with everything else in the box but MTH now has a policy of not doing any in warranty work for engines over 3 years old, I would make a shelf Queen before spending a couple of Hundred bucks on this Rotten egg. Give me your thoughts. Thanks Bill

·
Registered
24 Posts
MTH HO Li'l Joe

I forgot one other thing. If I don't turn off the track power after shutting down the engine it will start up normally. I also get the "Check Track" error when it won't operate even tho it is sitting there with lights on and engine sound working.. Thanks Bill

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Who's a traction fan?

With all those magnificent electric power locos, as a traction fan, I sure
would look forward to seeing your layout with it's overhead power lines.

Don
Don;

I, the real Traction Fan, loved seeing those beautiful locomotives! I guess I should be glad they're not N-scale, since I could never afford them!

regards;

Traction Fan :smilie_daumenpos:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts