Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey as most of you know I work with a lot of postwar stuff. But I do have a lot of newer stuff with sounds. Anyway I have a union rr sw1500 that I haven't run in a few years. The engine powers up then immediately shuts down when the power is cut. Any suggestions? I got the mth charger doesn't seem to work. I need some help. Thanks

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The 9v nicad battery is dead. Try leaving it on for an hour or two to recharge. If it doesn't work after a couple hours of charging replace the battery and you should be fine.

·
Admin
45,491 Posts
If it's been stored for a few years, there is little hope for the battery. Since one issue with some of the PS/1 locomotives is scrambling their configuration with a dead battery, it's just not worth fooling around with for a $10 battery.

·
Registered
993 Posts
If you need a battery, you might as well replace it with a capasitor,from MTH at you local hobby shop,that way you can up grade to ps-3 stats, and never have this problem again,BTW the ps-3 Locomotives all ready come with caps. ...........Mike :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
if its a white one, junk it and get the new Green one. I tried to revive my white one in one of my locos and it would not charge.

Chris

·
Admin
45,491 Posts
If you need a battery, you might as well replace it with a capasitor,from MTH at you local hobby shop,that way you can up grade to ps-3 stats, and never have this problem again,BTW the ps-3 Locomotives all ready come with caps. ...........Mike :D
It's called called a BCR that replaces the 9V battery and gives you the same function.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ok so is the green battery charged in the package? And yes it's a white one
Not likely. I would recommend charging it first. You can just leave the locomotive with the new battery installed on the track at full power for about 15 minutes and it should get you going in the worst case scenario.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts