Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would like to see pics of the Evolution and Katy please.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Could you provide a little bit of the back story on these 2? Was they purchased new and sent back for refurbishment?

What was wrong with them which called for the repairs? Just things like that.

Are you from on those prices?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't remember the specifics of the engines as I have repaired many over the years, but more than likely motor failures causing decoder failure or just a motor failure. Some could have been failures due to there is no overload protection on the decoders and if another engine on the layout causes an overload MTH engines go poof. Some had just minor wiring issues that needed to be resolved. They were all returned with in a few weeks of purchase and sat around due to MTH's lack of replacement parts. The failed parts would have been replaced with new parts. I am not sure what else I can say about them, I could upload a video of them on the rollers at my bench or on the testing layout I have if you wanted to see them in action and give you the link.

I could do $250.00 on the Evolution & Katy

·
Registered
208 Posts
I can't remember the specifics of the engines as I have repaired many over the years, but more than likely motor failures causing decoder failure or just a motor failure. Some could have been failures due to there is no overload protection on the decoders and if another engine on the layout causes an overload MTH engines go poof. Some had just minor wiring issues that needed to be resolved. They were all returned with in a few weeks of purchase and sat around due to MTH's lack of replacement parts. The failed parts would have been replaced with new parts. I am not sure what else I can say about them, I could upload a video of them on the rollers at my bench or on the testing layout I have if you wanted to see them in action and give you the link.

I could do $250.00 on the Evolution & Katy
Okay I am thinking on it. Thanks for posting the pictures and answering my questions. I will PM you once I decide on my next move.

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts