Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would pull the trigger on this guy in a blink of the eye.

Bill

NEWARK, Del. – Amtrak has debuted a new look for Siemens ACS-64 No. 606: the colors of Coca-Cola. The locomotive has pulled the northbound Silver Meteor, train No. 98, up the Northeast Corridor on Thursday morning.

The locomotive marks a new partnership with Coca-Cola, signalling the end of a long-running agreement for Pepsi to supply Amtrak's trains. Amtrak noted the change on its Facebook page Wednesday, but as of Thursday morning has not issued a press release with additional information

Land vehicle Train Locomotive Transport Vehicle

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Nice. I like the regular NEC Amtrak scheme too. I would go for one. I have seen the Coke engine a couple times at work. The plain Jane versions are plentiful. The real ones have ungodly bright headlights...LED I think...

Tom

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
That was developed from the ÖBB Class 1016.

The '64' number denotes it can generate 6,400 kW of power at the rail.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Bachmann put them out in HO -- less coke. It's sort of on some kind of I want that list although I'm not a fan exactly of bachmann. But I'd just like to have one. In theory one could paint it and put the graphics on it and it might look coke-ish.

However there's no known to technology to scale it O... bummer. I suspect neither MTH or Lionel will ever do it. And I'd be surprised if any builder paid the fees on the coke trademarks to have it appear factory painted in any scale.

Still, I'd like to be proven wrong on all counts!

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the Siemens ACS-64 being the newest Amtrak locomotive I believe both Lionel and MTH will eventually invest in the tooling to manufacture the locomotive.

Since it is an electric it will be only used in the NE, I wonder what Amtrak's future locomotive plans are for the long haul routes that are not electrified.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.