Model Train Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is interesting, MTH will be offering Republican or Democrat handcars for next years election. The picture of the handcar that Trump is pumping away on has Uncle Sam and Trump in his MAGA hat.

Bill

December 11, 2019 - M.T.H. Electric Trains will be including a pair of RailKing O Gauge Operating Hand Cars in the upcoming 2020 Ready-to-Run Train Set and Accessory Catalog themed for next year's 2020 Election. The catalog is slated for release in February 2020, but you can begin ordering these topical hand cars now. Each will carry an MSRP of $79.95 and will be shipping to the marketplace next Summer.

Each handcar sports the RNC or DNC colors and includes hand-painted figurines of Uncle Sam and the party's nominee. Obviously the Republican nominee is our current president, complete with his famous hat. The DNC candidate will be modeled, molded and hand-painted as soon as he or she is determined this Spring.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I personally feel that those offerings will be a complete flop.
Don't know if you can call it a flop, MTH will sell some and the production run will probably be included with their regular run of hand cars.

Most likely not more than a hundred each would result in a sell out of this variation. At $80 I will pass and if the production run is low won't see any at blowout pricing.

Bill

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Not my style but I would suspect it will sell. A better choice from my standpoint would have been a couple of 18" Pullman observation cars with banners. I wonder if next November MTH releases the poll numbers.

Pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.