Model Train Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Got my chassis from flyernut Monday. Very nice of him to swap a chassis with issues for
for a ready to go chassis. We did not swap motors so I moved my motor to frame flyernut sent this morning and ran it. Runs great. I am getting excited for my 312 to run. It has been idle since 1955. In storage. Saw something for first time. My motor has slotted brushes, but it is not a slotted brush motor. Runs fine though. I will change them out soon. Armature face needs attention, it is very black. But like I said it runs good.
Big thanks to flyernut for the help.
I got the chassis yesterday buddy, why would someone do that????. The wheels were repaired, poorly, at one time, and the one wheel in the front had the axle hole way to large.. That chassis would never had worked for you, it was junk!!. I'll salvage what I can...Loren

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
My large motor K5 is a 313. I have a 316 K5 from the K5345W "Trailblazer" passenger set, it has the small motor.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The 313 that I have ran on the layout is a small motor so it must be a 1955 as listed in Greenberg's. Now I will have check the other 2 when I check them over for running since I don't know. When I bought the other 2, I didn't know there was a big or small motor in those. I only knew about the 326 and the 336 having two different size motors. I just bought 'em because they were cheap at two different garage sales.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I think I have 20 steamers and only one is a large motor. My 336.

Flyernut, I am sorry the chassis is junk. I tried to describe it the best I could.
It is clean. I owe you.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
I think I have 20 steamers and only one is a large motor. My 336.

Flyernut, I am sorry the chassis is junk. I tried to describe it the best I could.
It is clean. I owe you.
No worries Al.. If I need it in a pinch, I can degrease the entire unit and paint it black, just like the wheels.. You don't owe me nuttin!:smilie_daumenpos:

41 - 46 of 46 Posts