1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Admin
44,381 Posts

·
Registered
8,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, maybe my loco's whistle is a dog whistle, because when I try, I don't hear a thing!!! 😄

The new one is supposed to have some sort of chuffing. That will be great.

·
Admin
44,381 Posts
The LC+ 2.0 is loaded, it'll be almost as good as entry level Legacy! If they actually deliver the list below for ~$200, I'll be blown away!
FEATURES:
  • LC+ 2.0 Control - operate with Bluetooth™ using Universal Remote or LionChief® App on your smart device OR via your TMCC/LEGACY®Cab OR conventional transformer
  • Die-cast boiler
  • Speed Control
  • ElectroCouplers™
  • Crew figures
  • RailSounds® equipped - Whistel, Bell, Chuffing, background sounds, and Towercom dialog!
  • 4 Chuffs/Revs
  • Volume control via TMCC, Universal Remote or App
  • Headlight / Rear light
  • Directional Lighting
  • Cab Light
  • Firebox Flicker
  • Fan-driven main smoke

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
The LC+ 2.0 is loaded ...
John,

Does the BT control via a smartphone interact directly to the loco? Or do you need additional electronic devices/infrastructure for smartphone control?

Are you privy to the electronics? Has Lionel upped their design capabilities to offer all this, presumably, without a bunch of add on modules to their recent configurations?

·
Registered
8,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it talks directly with the loco (two way) - as I understand it you don't need any other equipment but the loco.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I seem to recall that for my "whistle" equipped docksider had an ON/Off switch on the bottom for the whistle in addition to the reverse unit and smoke switches, however it's been quite some time since I've run it. That being said, the whistle (if it can be called that) is awful and you aren't missing much 😆

As for the question about bluetooth control, you do indeed just need the app on your smart device to run the BT equipped locomotives (probably doesn't need to be stated, but a power supply to the track is needed also)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts