Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
While not losing interest in the project it is becoming more difficult to finish. I'm talking about insulating the basement. We've been working on it for about 2 weeks now and it is very labor intensive. What makes it so difficult is the fact that were trying to work around the layout where a lot of it is complete. Because my better half is 20 years younger than me she ends up on top of the train tables tip toeing around all the buildings, vehicles, people, and trees.
I've taken out the 3 lift outs to make things easier aand were still making quite a mess. There's going to be major clkean up when were done. I'm very fortunate that Sue is not afraid of hard work. Were limited to about 3 hours a day working because of my carpal tunnel & her neck problems so at the end of the work each day I pop a couple of Tylenols. :D
When were finally done I'll be re gluing, cleaning & vacuuming the track & then running my magnet car but we will prevail.
By the way everyone was correct. Without any poretable heaters on the temperature has risen to 59 degrees up from 50.

·
Registered
898 Posts
E9BDE0E4-70DC-4F0E-B605-07A53A50BB70.jpeg

No.

I don’t fear having time on my hands over, say, the next month but the projects that I have on the go are long-running ones anyway and I deal with them as and when I can.

I can see your point about this engine, however. Too bad as I am sure you’d make a fine job of finishing it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've discovered that I am terrible at doing bodywork on aluminum passenger cars. Specifically, filling the three long, shallow grooves on the sides of LIONEL TCA aluminum pax cars to create smooth-sided cars.

Happy to report I have completed the task, but it took 12+ months because of frustration induced delays--fill, sand, prime and repeat knowing that more flaws would be found until the flaws were eliminated.

So, while I didn't give up on the project, I certainly put it on the back burner for long periods of time.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Spence all I want to know is how did you get a woman 20 years younger than you are, especially a train woman? I should be so lucky! I'm 73 so I guess I should look for a 53 year old train woman?
On the serious side, I had a train woman my age but she passed away 5 years ago. Let me tell ya, it's near impossible to find a women who even understands we train guys and our passion for our trains let alone one 20 years younger!

Kenny

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Spence all I want to know is how did you get a woman 20 years younger than you are, especially a train woman? I should be so lucky! I'm 73 so I guess I should look for a 53 year old train woman?
On the serious side, I had a train woman my age but she passed away 5 years ago. Let me tell ya, it's near impossible to find a women who even understands we train guys and our passion for our trains let alone one 20 years younger!

Kenny
I am extremely lucky. She has done scenery, ballasting, and all sorts of work on the layout. She & I did all of the bench work building originally and believe me when I say that's a lot of lumber in a layout that's 53' x 40'. :D

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Not crazy about finishing my large mountain on the south side of the layout. It has to be done though and I'll get back to it when I get another bag of Sculptimold.

I've been working on smaller scenery areas that are not so involved and time consuming.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'm just about finished the Train Master. Sometimes a project has to simmer a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts