Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
"Got a project you lost interest in completing?"

Yes...my whole layout!! As I've said before, I really enjoy looking at and talking about model railroads, but I just don't have any drive to work on my layout. I have a bunch of track laid on my 4x8 board, but haven't touched it in a couple years. I guess I don't get a "participation trophy"...I'm just an observer.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
A few Postwar accessories that I was restoring. Keep telling myself that I need to get to work on them but they stay on the back burner.

Bill

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have all kinds of projects like that. At the time they sound fun and interesting but by the time I get everything I need I usually lose interest and move on. If it wasn't for my 8 year old wanting to work on the scenery on our current layout, I'd tear it down and start again.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Converting my trolley loop to a streets loop. I thought about it for a year and kept putting it off. Wasn’t sure the effort involved would justify the improvement. Started making the conversion last November. It IS an improvement and I like the results so far, but it’s been a PITA. Too many niggling little problems, too many tedious details. And I can’t run one of my train loops till I get it near done. I’ve been working on it little by little, but I’m not too enthusiastic about working on it.

Scale model Transport Architecture Vehicle Building

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Yeah, the large mountain on the south side of the layout. It's only about half completed. I ran out of Sculptimold and have not ordered any more.

I'll get around to it again. Sooner than later I hope. I keep getting these smaller side projects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts