Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The massive, and incredible messy, construction project to create the Port of San Bettadaise continues this week. I have power to only one track and so I am running my Black Bonnet Northern again this week just because I like it and the passenger cars were alreayd on the layout..
Slide0.jpg

Last week I poisted this image of where the construction was on Tuesday morning. It looked like a mess!!!

Slide3.JPG

Here it is today, still a mess, maybe even more so it you look at the floor. I have been trying to re-use old pieces sawn off the benchwork that I removed last week, as lumber for the new additions, but with re-wiring, and doing that reclamation as I can, it has been slow going.

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I’m a bit confused about a few things:
  • The thread from a few days ago showed the layout with part A and B of the new port area. I can see where the port area is in the layout drawing, but I can’t figure out the orientation of photos in relation to the new bridges.
  • You are creating the Port of San Bettadaise. I have a map of San Bettadaise and it is in a mountainous region. As far as I can tell, the only body of water in the vicinity is Silver Lake. I don’t understand how it can have a port.

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m a bit confused about a few things:
  • The thread from a few days ago showed the layout with part A and B of the new port area. I can see where the port area is in the layout drawing, but I can’t figure out the orientation of photos in relation to the new bridges.
  • You are creating the Port of San Bettadaise. I have a map of San Bettadaise and it is in a mountainous region. As far as I can tell, the only body of water in the vicinity is Silver Lake. I don’t understand how it can have a port.
As to the view, the map below shows where the camera was located and pointing when the picture was taken.

As for how San Bettadaise can be a port city, I can't explain it, since when I look at the backdrops, there are still mountains all around it. Maybe its a river port. However that will not explain my plans to have a 1:48 model of HMAS Hammersley, the Freemantle class Navy patrol boat from the Austalian TV series Sea Patrol, docked in the port, along with some smaller ocean going cargo ships.
Construction PLACE.jpg

Well, it will be a river port no doubt, but I cant explain it either.

·
Admin
44,381 Posts
As for how San Bettadaise can be a port city, I can't explain it, since when I look at the backdrops, there are still mountains all around it. Maybe its a river port. However that will not explain my plans to have a 1:48 model of HMAS Hammersley, the Freemantle class Navy patrol boat from the Austalian TV series Sea Patrol, docked in the port, along with some smaller ocean going cargo ships.

Well, it will be a river port no doubt, but I cant explain it either.
That's why it's called a "model" railroad. :p:p

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm stealing that adjustable column idea Lee, that's very clever. :)
-------------------------
I'm with Gunrunnerjohn - design duly noted (y)(y)

FW

·
Registered
106 Posts
Brilliant tips here in the forum! Thank you !

Lee, I hope you have a sense of humour, my layout skills will be able to create the layout portion on your floor I hope.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts