Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Just one camelback on my roster. A Lionel LC+ that was priced too low to resist on Amazon. Probably the same loco model that you transferred to the CCB&GC.

BTW, didn’t you have a project to make a transfer diesel from two MTH AS-616s?

Train Rolling stock Vehicle Track Locomotive

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"BTW, didn’t you have a project to make a transfer diesel from two MTH AS-616s? "

Good memory!!

Yes, I did. But I grew tired of it - I was going to end up with something just like the transfer diesel I had, and there were other projects that seems more exciting waiting, so . . . the incomplete body and chassis are up on a high shelf in the workshop now. Probably stay there for a while.

·
Admin
45,981 Posts
I have a few Camelbacks, especially if you consider the Transfer Engine and the 44-Ton diesels. :D I have one Lionel TMCC PRR Camelback and two of the MTH PS/2 models, a Reading and a D&E.

I had the one that Bob posted, but I sold it to a battery powered guy since I had added battery power to it.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I have the MTH Erie mallet (my first O scale purchase ever) and a Lionel CNJ 4-6-0 Camelback. Interesting that the real Erie camelback mallet lasted only a couple decades. The CNJ camelbacks worked on passenger service right up to the deiselization of the CNJ in the late 1950’s…

Tom

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
A lot more passengers on shorter routes???
Not sure what you are asking.
The CNJ had a commuter district were they used camelbacks. The larger Pacifics were used on long distance trains like to Scranton or Atlantic City..

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts