Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Great looking train Lee. I can picture that pulling into St. Louis Union Station delivering passengers for the 1904 World's Fair.

Reactions: beachhead2

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I like woodsided cars and those ones are particularly nice. Looking at the coach (on the MTH site), the pinstriping and truss rods are very cool. I’ll bet it looks great with the light coming through the clerestory windows. I have a few woodsided cabooses and reefers, but don’t think I’ll ever have woodsided passenger cars (too early for my timeframe).

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Nice Locomotive. The real 999 resides in Chicago now.

I am under the impression that the coach steps are painted black, or some dark color and don’t show well in the photo. Interesting.

Tom

·
Admin
44,358 Posts
Great looking set Lee, I do like the MTH Woodside passenger cars. I have eight of the Strasburg Woodside passenger cars and the incorrect Strasburg 4-4-0 to pull them. My 4-4-0 pulls them all on level track and on the 2% grade at the club track, and they are good looking cars. My only complaint was the earlier version with the LED lighting had no hold-up capacitors installed, so I went through them and remedied that shortcoming. :) I'm still hoping for a correct Strasburg locomotive, though now I have to hope Lionel makes one, I had expected MTH to be first to bat with a suitable locomotive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts