Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Great looking passenger consist Lee. Adding the powered B will certainly take the strain off the A unit.

Bill

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Thats a beauty Lee. I have the cars but still looking for an MTH E8/9. All my UP power is MTH for easy lashups.
Pete

·
Registered
20 Posts
Beautiful train and great photos. I just finished assembling a "City of Los Angeles" with 11K Line 18" cars, 2 Kline 15" (RPO & baggage storage), and one MTH 18" Premier Chicago and Northwestern passenger with UP livery. The consist is pulled by 4 MTH E-6 diesels (A-B-B-A) with the front "A" unit sporting the UP and CNW logos on the hood. I am probably as proud of mine as you are rightfully of yours.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Nice write up Lee. That's a good looking train. E units are on my wish list of locomotives I want to add. I'm lucky to live near Cheyenne and see UP's Heritage fleet operate its E9's from time to time as well as visit them in the Cheyenne roundhouse.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
GREAT! Now you’ve got me thinking I need an E unit or two. The real ones that Maxum posted and Lee’s models look too good.

I don’t have much UP on my roster, but the City of Portland is one of my favorites. Here are some pics of one of mine as well as the one at my grandfather’s house that my dad and uncles played with.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lee
Eighteen feet of train is impressive, that would wrap about halfway around my mainline. But my best part was you sharing your experience as a kid riding the City of Los Angeles. That's too cool!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
..... I just finished assembling a "City of Los Angeles" with 11K Line 18" cars, 2 Kline 15" (RPO & baggage storage), and one MTH 18" Premier Chicago and Northwestern passenger with UP livery. The consist is pulled by 4 MTH E-6 diesels (A-B-B-A) with the front "A" unit sporting the UP and CNW logos on the hood....
Pictures? I’m interested.

As you all know, I have a lot of UP, the only road I model. I shall spare you the pictures!

Enjoyed your thread, Lee!

·
Registered
507 Posts

Precision Scheduled Railroading at it's finest! PSR is furloughing lots of railroad employees and parking many locomotives. PSR pisses me off as it's a cute way for the railroads to buy back more stock or pay more dividends to stockholders. The corporations and wealthy get wealthier, while everyone else takes it in the shorts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts