1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Beautiful train.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Love those shiny sided PA warbonnets. When they appeared in the MTH catalog, the picture was underwhelming, but when I saw actual photos of them, I had to get some. After they were issued, they went fast and there was some question whether or not I would be able to get them but I ended up with an AA.

The full length vista dome isn’t really all that tall. I don’t think you will be running any TOFCs on that loop.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Those Alco PAs look just magnificent. I love it every time you show them. I have a Kato Santa Fe A-B-A in N scale with the Kato passenger set. Love those PAs!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice set of PAs. I have an ABB set in SP Daylight from that run. I agree the startup on that PS3 sound set is pretty damn cool.

I've got an ABA set of PAs in ATSF warbonnet as well. They are Lionel ones from the late 90s, so they don’t have the neat plating.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Magnificent Lee. Nothing like a shiny chrome plated Santa Fe War Bonnet consist. Thanks for posting.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Lee, I have that set too, and it is a beauty! They look fabulous on your layout. Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I realize I’m from the “Other Scale”, but I want you to know I share your love of the Santa Fe ALCO’s! I’ve attached a favorite photo of mine taken on my American Flyer layout.
Cheers, Dennis

·
Registered
639 Posts
Lee thanks for sharing and taking the time to post. There are a lot of Alco PA PB fans. Perhaps because of their unique look or just because EMD dominated passenger diesels. I am not a PA fan and sold the 2 sets I had. Clearly yours are very nice and look great on that layout.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts