Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just searched this forum and thought I would share with you my first train scene build with you. Its pretty simple but Im going for a gold rush era look and feel but im not near done yet lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea the brown paper towels are rellt good for details but they are wat to thin.. once i finish with the details i will cover it with plaster bandages.. and also I like the foam base because you can cut into it for rivers or something.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,645 Posts
I like the effect of the paper towels.
For strength may I suggest strips of carboard stapled in a cross pattern.
You can try to double your towel layer too.
Ya it looks great! I have played around with backdrops. Someday I may do a mountain. Keep it up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did some more work yesterday... I covered the rest of the foam and carved a river underneath where the waterfall will be.

this is where ill put the bridge

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea its n gauge.. I am kind of in a holding pattern because the bridge I ordered is still not in yet and I dont want to go any farthur until I know it will fit in that spot. lol should be here soon though

·
Registered
16 Posts
so i'm guessing that you leave the back parts of the mountain ares open for maintenance or derailments.

by the way,very cool looking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
achually i didnt at first but I went to my local train shop and they told me too lol i was very happy lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no unfortunatly i layed the playter down before i knew about that.. its a little flimsy but not to bad I did about 3 layers of plaster to help with that.. the next scene I do will have the cardboard I really like that idea

1 - 15 of 15 Posts