Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms, I threw this layout together with some of my MTH track... Big deal that it is only 31" wide and 51" long, I can run my trains on it, as long as the make the curve, LOL... Before you even ask, yes it is under my dining room table, and yes that is shag carpet :eek:

--------------------

I even made a video for all of you to see... Nothing beats old Lionel trains, even when they do not have a body on them :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
looks the same as my TEST track that gets put up at least once a week untill the main line is up and running lol have fun thats the most important thing

·
Yard Master & Research
10,690 Posts
Exposed engine running

Nothing beats old Lionel trains, even when they do not have a body on them :D

HoooooRAH!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I prefer it with a boiler shell, but your on the right track!:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ha!! That was funny :laugh: Can you make it high-side :p ?! Looks like it's close...

I've got a little 4-4-0, bachman, I think, that can go so fast, I can high-side it on 22" curves :laugh:

Yeah, well, you're doing better than me... I'm having fits trying to layout track :retard: The table is freakin' big enough :retard: :retard: ....

Was making some good progress tonight, tho (just stopping to have a bowl of cereal :D ), but have just come to the same stumbling block I always have- how to make my elevated line cross my flat lines and make it look realistic, etc....

Anyway... back to work!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha!! That was funny :laugh: Can you make it high-side :p ?! Looks like it's close...

I've got a little 4-4-0, bachman, I think, that can go so fast, I can high-side it on 22" curves :laugh:
By high-side you mean flip it off the track, right? Yes I can... If you have ever run an old Lionel train you will know that they can go wicked fast... That right there was not even close to full speed, in fact I do not think I have ever gotten that engine up to full speed... I think it would have flipped if I had inreased the speed any more that what was shown in that video... Now I have a "feeling" for when it is going to fly off, LOL :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts