Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No interest here.

good luck selling it.
……….This was a comment left by Lee Willis when I attempted to show a link to my photos that depicted a 1/48 scale Diorama of foundry equipment that I own. I spent a lot of time putting together a layout of what could be imagined as a Train Repair Depot. Here is a link to many photos of what I might have next referred to: https://www.google.com/search?biw=1195&bih=755&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=SNGvW6CmJcK2zwKq45LwCQ&q="railway+maintenance+depot"&oq="railway+maintenance+depot"&gs_l=img.3...23112.25444..26133...0.0..0.85.479.7......1....1..gws-wiz-img.r4RGcnDIFgQ#imgrc=_

I have approximately 10,000 pieces of 1/48 scale machines, and miscellaneous items that once belonged to, and which were displayed in the Pitney Bowes Corp. Museum which was, once upon a time, located in Stamford, Ct. I wish to sell what I have. I thought that this place would have been a good place to begin the process. Unfortunately, after I saw your very terse comment, I felt insulted by you.

One of the people in your forums, several months ago, did show interest in what I have. He was going to construct a factory on his layout. At that point, I was not ready to sell what I have, but indicated that I would be putting something together in order to do just that.

At the moment, I do not feel impelled to sell anything here to anyone. Your comment just blew that off!

·
Registered
9,638 Posts
Really? OMG.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Strange. I could not find Lee's reply. But if someone told me they were not interested and wished me good luck, I wouldn't take it as an insult. I would think they were not interested in buying it, but wished me luck selling it. Maybe I am missing something.

Now CTValley's comment. Hmmm. Maybe that is a bit insulting.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strange. I could not find Lee's reply. But if someone told me they were not interested and wished me good luck, I wouldn't take it as an insult. I would think they were not interested in buying it, but wished me luck selling it. Maybe I am missing something.

Now CTValley's comment. Hmmm. Maybe that is a bit insulting.

In disgust, I had them remove the thread. Yes CTValley just supported my feelings, backing up what I felt about what Lee Willis said. If that is the kind of "Senior Members" you have here, then......to hell with this place! :mad:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Wow, I hope the few respondents here who have no interest in wishing you well are not representative of the typical male membership. I know it does not meet with my worldview.

As the father of three grown women, I would be appalled that a person felt the need to draw attention to a woman's vagina as the signal defining criterion of her worth or cognitive function. In fact, I'd have to conclude that he's thinking with his own nether parts, and none too clearly. However, I've led troops and learned a lot in other leadership roles. I know it takes all kinds to make life interesting.

Take care, June. I don't believe the terse reply you cite above was intended as a slight. I think it's just man-speak formulated in forum-speak that sounded to you like he was disparaging your work. I'm pretty sure, being male and a fellow hobbyist, that his good wish was not meant insincerely. However, you are free to call it as you must. :)

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Wow, I hope the few respondents here who have no interest in wishing you well are not representative of the typical male membership. I know it does not meet with my worldview.

As the father of three grown women, I would be appalled that a person felt the need to draw attention to a woman's vagina as the signal defining criterion of her worth or cognitive function. In fact, I'd have to conclude that he's thinking with his own nether parts, and none too clearly. However, I've led troops and learned a lot in other leadership roles. I know it takes all kinds to make life interesting.

Take care, June. I don't believe the terse reply you cite above was intended as a slight. I think it's just man-speak formulated in forum-speak that sounded to you like he was disparaging your work. I'm pretty sure, being male and a fellow hobbyist, that his good wish was not meant insincerely. However, you are free to call it as you must. :)
:thumbsup::thumbsup::appl::appl:

I will agree with what mesenteria just said. Some pretty sad comments and not very representative of this forum.

·
Registered
647 Posts
WOW man really.. he just said no interest here and wished you good luck. me dont get it ..............

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,725 Posts
Damn, I didn't even get to see what I am missing. :rolleyes:

Hard to believe the OP blows off thousands of potential would be buyers from one post? :smokin:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
i have to show interest in everything offered on here??
or in your case, not offered ?? uhhh.. let me think about that for a sec...
nope, sorry, not interested myself, good luck selling it

·
Registered
211 Posts
Go to OGR. They don't allow replies to for sale posts. Communication must be done by email. Thus eliminating any issues such as this and excessive bumping etc. They run a professional and active forum. I'll agree I probably wouldn't have taken offense at Lee's reply, but on the other hand i suppose he didn't have to announce that he had no interest. Just pass by.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I've been here many years, and was also the target of some nasty comments, but I put on my big girl pants and stayed.. I didn't see the "rude" comment supposedly made by Lee , but I can't imagine Lee insulting or putting anyone down, it's just not him. Do you any corroborating evidence?? Witnesses?..he said she said, like on tv.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
It's an internet thing,
Someone says
good luck selling it

without verbal voice tones, (or emoticons) it could be taken as a sarcastic comment

let's move on

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My previous post: ---Quote (Originally by JuneH)---
In disgust, I had them remove the thread. Yes CTValley just supported my feelings, backing up what I felt about what Lee Willis said. If that is the kind of "Senior Members" you have here, then......to hell with this place! :mad:

Reply (since removed) by one of your highly regarded forum members (Nikola):

---End Quote---
How do you sit down with that broomstick up up your butt? Or, is it a bad case of sand in your va-jay-jay?

The two comments that Lee Willis made, first stated "no interest here". Usually, in life, when you have no interest in something, you walk away without comment, or at least NOT tell the object of your thinking that you really have nothing to say that might "help" the situation.
I did not enter these forums to PUSH anything on anyone. I found Lee's comments "rude" at best. He did not have to say a thing, or could have at least, said instead: "Perhaps there are people here that might be interested." As a leader in these forums, his words should be "positive", and not presented in a "negative way" that can cause the participant to feel that they are "wasting their time".

The follow up of nasty remarks only made me see that the obvious mentality level of some here makes this place not worth my time. I appreciate those who offered me some encouragement. I do respect those who can look at life with a positive attitude, even when at risk of being labelled "outsiders"... as I feel right now. This will be my last post. I don't wish to stir up anymore dust.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
My previous post: ---Quote (Originally by JuneH)---

Reply (since removed) by one of your highly regarded forum members (Nikola):

---End Quote---
How do you sit down with that broomstick up up your butt? Or, is it a bad case of sand in your va-jay-jay?

The two comments that Lee Willis made, first stated "no interest here". Usually, in life, when you have no interest in something, you walk away without comment, or at least NOT tell the object of your thinking that you really have nothing to say that might "help" the situation.
I did not enter these forums to PUSH anything on anyone. I found Lee's comments "rude" at best. He did not have to say a thing, or could have at least, said instead: "Perhaps there are people here that might be interested." As a leader in these forums, his words should be "positive", and not presented in a "negative way" that can cause the participant to feel that they are "wasting their time".

The follow up of nasty remarks only made me see that the obvious mentality level of some here makes this place not worth my time. I appreciate those who offered me some encouragement. I do respect those who can look at life with a positive attitude, even when at risk of being labelled "outsiders"... as I feel right now. This will be my last post. I don't wish to stir up anymore dust.
There was no sign of rancor in Lee's original post. Zero. Nada. Did not exist. No reasonable person would have interpreted that to have been mean-spirited or rude.

And then OP came back, guns blazing. How, from that simple response? Does not seem possible. But it happened, and I pointed out that somehow this had gotten your knickers in a knot.

Oh, my goodness, I used frank phrasing - again. Gee whilickers. Gosh and golly. Backsies on it all!

I figured this thread had died, but OP again poked the bear by refreshing comments that the admin had deleted. By all means, let's continue to drink this Kool-Aid of persistent overreaction.

Personally, I think, as some brilliant prose person once wrote, "methinks the lady doth protest too much" (or words to that effect).

Some might be taking themselves a bit too seriously. None of us know why. But the entire outrage was based on --- here it comes --- fake news.

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Wow, JuneH. You've never participated in this forum before last month. You join and among the first things you do is post that you are trying to sell something. You don't participate anywhere else on the forum orf get involved in other discussion. To me it looked - stil looks like, selling you stuff was the only reason you joined.

I said I was not interested in your stuff. That's not a negative comment just the truth.

As a "senior member" here I have worked hard to make this forum the type of forum I want to be a member of. That does not include posts of the type you have made, and thus I have not been positive to encourage you to make more posts of that type. But I definitely was not rude.

I can't help but observe that after telling us rather bluntly and rudely that you didn't like this forum, you keep returning to try to have the last word. I'm positive - you can't leave and have the last word, too. I think whatever problem there is might be with you, not anyone on this forum.

And I wasn't being rude before. I don't do "rude" very often, and you definitely know it when I do.

Regardless, I wish you well wherever you go, but make it some other forum, please.

·
Admin
43,850 Posts
Time to close this, it's not going anywhere. I'm sorry JuneH, I did see Lee's comment, and I can't imagine how you were that insulted by it.

Time to move on, if that means another forum, so be it. You're still welcome here, but I do believe you need to grow a slightly thicker skin. You can't let everything that happens in an Internet forum to throw you that far off track.

If you had read the forum rules, you would have seen that any selling takes place in our for-sale forums, not in other forums.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.