Model Train Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received my new Inland table saw tonight and thought I would share. I couldn't find much info on this particular saw when I was researching saws. I'm quite impressed and it is just what I was looking for at a fair price and 2 year warranty. I had it up and running in a few minutes and my first cut was making a 1/16" strip of mahogany. You can see the results. Aside from ripping strips it will be nice for cross cuts and angles for windows. Unit was well packed and is nicely designed. Feel free to ask questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
I use my 10" delta to do the same thing. I have an super extra fine kerf blade and a zero tolerance plate for it. I've got thousand's of feet of anywhere from 1/16 x 1/16 up to 1/4 x 1/4 Mostly maple and cherry some poplar,pine and oak. It's so much cheaper to cut your own!
My recommendation is the maple, it's the smoothest to cut.
Have fun but keep the fingers away!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use my 10" delta to do the same thing. I have an super extra fine kerf blade and a zero tolerance plate for it. I've got thousand's of feet of anywhere from 1/16 x 1/16 up to 1/4 x 1/4 Mostly maple and cherry some poplar,pine and oak. It's so much cheaper to cut your own!
My recommendation is the maple, it's the smoothest to cut.
Have fun but keep the fingers away!
I have a 10" Ryobi with a zero plate but actually like this size better for the small sizes we cut. It is small enough to keep on a table in the shop while building.The blade is only 1/32" thick!

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,672 Posts
I received my new Inland table saw tonight and thought I would share. I couldn't find much info on this particular saw when I was researching saws. I'm quite impressed and it is just what I was looking for at a fair price and 2 year warranty. I had it up and running in a few minutes and my first cut was making a 1/16" strip of mahogany. You can see the results. Aside from ripping strips it will be nice for cross cuts and angles for windows. Unit was well packed and is nicely designed. Feel free to ask questions.

How much do they go for?:D
Right now I hand cut what I need, but that looks much easier.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Extra capability

It can be converted to a wet saw for cutting glass and tile too! They had great customer service when I called to inquire. That sold me.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I think they are great. I want one too!
I was going more with the fact that with this you save allot real quick cutting your own wood sizes! Fitting peices is also so much faster than hand cutting!
Delta also makes a small belt sander that makes a nice addition too!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't get me wrong. I think they are great. I want one too!
I was going more with the fact that with this you save allot real quick cutting your own wood sizes! Fitting peices is also so much faster than hand cutting!
Delta also makes a small belt sander that makes a nice addition too!
I have an old sears belt sander in a vertical stand which I use to think was my most useful tool.

·
Premium Member
16,683 Posts
Skypup,

I have a somewhat similar tiny table saw from MicroMark ... blade diameter is around 3". Great for doing small / detailed work. Blade tilts, too. (It looks like your blade doesn't tilt ???)

Have fun with yours. Watch those fingers!

TJ

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Skypup,

I have a somewhat similar tiny table saw from MicroMark ... blade diameter is around 3". Great for doing small / detailed work. Blade tilts, too. (It looks like your blade doesn't tilt ???)

Have fun with yours. Watch those fingers!

TJ
I almost got yours until I investigated. I liked the 2 year warranty and the bigger blade. No tilt on this one but it does have variable speed. And the company is here in the good old USA (Michigan).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey are you guys cutting these strips for scratchbuilding stuff instead of buying Balsa or like strips? Just curious?
I cut stock down to 1/16". If I need smaller I'll buy some ready made. I also cut straight cuts for sides, roofs etc. You can hold a really straight line even free hand I've discovered. The size is really convenient and take up little space to use.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.