Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my video of the New Golden Bonnets on my layout. Had fun running these last night for an hour. All ran good NO PILE UPs. Hope you enjoy this video.

P

·
0 Posts
Laz, the link took me to a You Tube sign on screen. Can you re-post the video without the restriction from You Tube.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry GUYZ for the mess up now there are two topics for your viewing pleasure.:confused::eek::goofball::eek:hwell:

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Laz, those engines are seriously nice.

C

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the video, Laz. They are beautiful engines. They run smooth and sound great.

P

·
0 Posts
Thanks Laz for fixing the video. Great job with it.

Winner, winner.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are the gaps between the units that wide on the Warbonnet PA’s MTH delivered in December?
I don't know about that CRAIG, but maybe LEE can chime in for that answer. I think he has them? They have a gap just like the F3s and MTH gives you an extra set of fixed couplers to switch out. Not a big deal to do. I will probably switch them this week.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
NICE! I like the goldbonnets and I like your layout.

Craig - The shiny sided warbonnets are the same as the goldbonnets, but just different colors. The powered unit (20-21004-1) comes with a protocoupler installed. Also comes with a separate fixed coupler to shorten the gap as well as a resistor to plug into the wiring harness in place of the protocoupler.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Laz, how big is your layout?
Hi DENNY,
Layout is 15 feet x 16 feet then tappers down behind mountain to 9 feet in the back. I'm trying to figure out how I can add on another 6-7 feet behind my tunnels? Something for me to ponder.:confused:

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Those PAs are very nice. Congrats on the additions. Sounds are very good and they seem to really run smooth. Thanks for showing.

·
Registered
987 Posts
NICE! I like the goldbonnets and I like your layout.

Craig - The shiny sided warbonnets are the same as the goldbonnets, but just different colors. The powered unit (20-21004-1) comes with a protocoupler installed. Also comes with a separate fixed coupler to shorten the gap as well as a resistor to plug into the wiring harness in place of the protocoupler.
Thanks, but that all sounds like a PA (Pain in the ***:laugh:)

I think I will stick with my WBB PA Warbonnets for now. I know they aren’t as detailed, but I like how close the units couple, and they run great. I have upgraded them with a LED headlight, crew figures, and the latest WBB True Blast Plus sound.

All in the set for a total of $300.:)

8834FEA7-CD26-434C-8018-8DF1875F83D1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Hi DENNY,
Layout is 15 feet x 16 feet then tappers down behind mountain to 9 feet in the back. I'm trying to figure out how I can add on another 6-7 feet behind my tunnels? Something for me to ponder.:confused:
I'm trying to figure out how to expand my layout. I'll have to rearrange a lot of things I have here in the basement that I put here long before I knew I was going to build a layout.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts