Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My scale model railroad interests include the following:
For my FIRST layout I settled on doing an N-scale, diesel freight train, 21st Century, SW US desert region (I live near Las Vegas, NV), continuous running oval (24" x 48"), (in my small apartment), code 55 flex track on top of a Woodland Scenics® Track Bed, on top of 2 pcs of Foamular® Project Panel (1" x 24" x 24"), on top of plywood (1/2" x 24" x 48") with DC electrical. I bought a new Bachmann® EMD GP40 (Santa Fe) locomotive & freight cars. I have already learned a lot on and off the Web! :)
What do you all think?

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
My scale model railroad interests include the following:
For my FIRST layout I settled on doing an N-scale, diesel freight train, 21st Century, SW US desert region (I live near Las Vegas, NV), continuous running oval (24" x 48"), (in my small apartment), code 55 flex track on top of a Woodland Scenics® Track Bed, on top of 2 pcs of Foamular® Project Panel (1" x 24" x 24"), on top of plywood (1/2" x 24" x 48") with DC electrical. I bought a new Bachmann® EMD GP40 (Santa Fe) locomotive & freight cars. I have already learned a lot on and off the Web! :)
What do you all think?
That is a very good start! It may be a small size but with N gauge that size can be a lot of fun. I know from personal experience. I started out, long ago, with a with an N-gauge layout not much bigger (it was about 3 x 6 feet and slid under a twin bed when I wasn't using it).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts