Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Admin
43,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got this great news today in my email, so I'm trying to decide how big I should go for the my new ocean cruiser, 90-100 feet? Maybe I should size it for a helicopter pad as well?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am Miss Charlotte Gomgnimbou.

I have written to you before without getting respond from you and i believe that my previous mail did not get to you therefore i write you again,I am computer scientist with Central Bank Of Nigeria. I am 26 years old, just started work with Central bank of Nigeria The bank that supersedes all the outgoing funds in Africa. I am contacting you based on the transaction you had in the paste I came across your file which was marked X and your released disk painted RED, I took time to study it and found out that you have paid VIRTUALLY all fees and certificate but the fund has not been release to you.

The most annoying thing is that they cannot tell you the truth that on no account will they ever release the fund to you. Please this is like a Mafia setting in here; you may not understand it because you are not in the banking system.
The only thing I will need to release this fund is a special HARD DISK we call it HD120 GIG. I will buy two of it, recopy your information, destroy the previous one, and punch the computer to reflect in your bank within 24 banking hours. I will clean up the tracer and destroy your file, after which I will run away from Nigeria to meet with you.

The CBN Nigeria with banks in Europe,Asia Africa and America.If you are interested. Do get in touch with me immediately, You should send to me your convenient tell/fax numbers for easy communications and also re_confirm your banking details, so that there won't be any mistake.

Please, for Gods sake do not send this message to anybody even your representative over your fund for the security of my office even if you are not interested to go after your money anymore just keep this message secret for me, i beg you in the name of God.

Regards,
Miss Charlotte Gomgnimbou.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Gee. I just wonder if it's a scam.

I've been getting a lot lately from amazon or comcast or whatever that say my account has been charged and could I please confirm my account details. Funny thing is the email domain is gmail, not amazon, comcast or whatever.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
It can't be a scam, she seems so sincere! :rolleyes:
I'll bet she's one hell of a looker too.

Seems like I have money laying all over the mideast and africa too, but, never had one willing to risk their life to bring it to me! You must be special John.

·
Registered
444 Posts
My Ship Has Come In.
Sounds more like a Dinghy Fishing boat to me. Maybe she is just a trolling for the next big fish to catch & fry.

LATER

·
Registered
224 Posts
The way its worded just screams "SCAM"😂

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Did you ever consider that this "fund" might be a mere pittance and that your ocean cruiser could be a 10' rowboat? Or a 12" toy sailboat? Besides, "she" is likely some burley sweat-stained guy sitting in a dark hotel room.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,721 Posts
You would be better buying a small 30' Donzi. You can cruise around easier, less gas consumption too.
You know that is the cigar ladies cousin?
She would look good sitting in your new Donzi, free Cuban cigars too.

What a cutie, cleaner then her cousin if you remember her. :D

Reactions: Patrick1544

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Sadly, there are people on the planet that would fall for this......if they send out 100,000 of those e-mails, and only one person takes the bait, they win......

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Why all the negative comments? She clearly states that we might not understand because we are not in the banking system. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,634 Posts
A year ago last April, the wife of one of my employees passed away after a long illness. Within two months, he had "met" a woman online who was "in Syria" and trying to get to the US to escape the civil war. By the time we found out about it, he had already told her all kinds of personal details, and had sent her money for a plane ticket. He had received a picture of "her", a very attractive middle eastern woman in her late 20s, early 30's. Next, of course, she came back with a request for more money because she needed a place to live in Chicago, so would he please rent her an apartment. He agreed to fly to Chicago and meet her and help her get settled. Of course, the day before he was leaving, she e-mailed (or texted, but funny thing, never a voice call) that she needed more money to pay off debts to her brothers because they wouldn't let her leave the country.

Now his coworkers and I had been telling him for weeks that this was a scam, and that if he sent this money, just before "she" was supposed to come to the US, something else would come up and she would need even more money, etc., etc., but he refused to believe us. Despite being a computer programmer, he refused to believe that the IP address could be spoofed, and more so, that if he searched on the internet, he would probably find that the picture he'd been sent was out there somewhere.

Fortunately, I had one more card to play. As an employee of a defense contractor, he holds a security clearance. So I reported a "potentially inappropriate foreign contact" to our in house security team. After a brief investigation, he was told to cease and desist all contact, and to get a new e-mail address. Further investigation proved that the e-mails were actually originating in Cameroon, and that the roughly $2000 that he had already sent was gone for good. As a condition of keeping his clearance, and therefore his job, he also had to complete 12 hours of Counter Intelligence training. He wasn't happy with me for about a month after that, but eventually realized that he was just taken advantage of by a clever thief. Now he kind of jokingly tells the story of how he got scammed.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Don't forget us here in the trenches, GRJ, when you're sipping those gin and tonics on the beach at Puerto Bacyarda... 🤣

1 - 20 of 40 Posts