Model Train Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
My ship has come in .....
I'm glad for you, it must get boring doing model trains all the time ...
I'm glad now that you are doing ships as well, it will help pass the time ..

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
The ship, hers not your, is a fishing boat, and she's a "hooker," but of a different and much dirtier kind.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
A serious question. When someone opens the email, does the sender have any way of knowing that and/or does that put the receiver at risk for hacking his account? I do what Patrick in post #23 does.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
A serious question. When someone opens the email, does the sender have any way of knowing that and/or does that put the receiver at risk for hacking his account? I do what Patrick in post #23 does.
Generally speaking, no. Do not open attachments though, they can contain something you don't want (computer virus, etc.). The sender will not know if it has been opened, unless they asked for a read receipt. In that case I would not allow a receipt to be sent back.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
It boggles the mind that people actually still fall for these things. It's really true that you can fool some of the people all of the time. :D
Unfortunately, there are people that are not of sound mind that have an email account (or a US mail address). My mother in law received mailings that said she was a contest finalist and would probably win a dream vacation or big bucks or whatever the scam was pushing. And wouldn’t she please send in some money. Needless to say, the more she replied, the more scams she got. Neither my wife nor her brother could not convince her that they were scams. They had to have her mail sent to the brother for screening.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Generally speaking, no. Do not open attachments though, they can contain something you don't want (computer virus, etc.). The sender will not know if it has been opened, unless they asked for a read receipt. In that case I would not allow a receipt to be sent back.
Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
John, you shared her most secret of secrets with us. She will be absolutely devastated! Poor girl will probably commit haiku now, and write a very bad poem.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
My Diamond Mine in Ethiopia is still bringing in cash daily...now if I could only figure out the Exchange Rate....wait for it..... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
That happened to me a couple of years ago. I was surprised at first. I thought "how could I be calling myself?" Then it immediately dawned on me that it was a spoof.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts