Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Cool that your son got to blow the whistle. I got a brief ride in 611's cab back in the 1980's during her initial tourist stint. IIRC it was on a ferry run from D.C. (actually, Alexandria, VA) to Norfolk. Magnificent machine.

·
Registered
378 Posts
BIG STEAM LIVES

Thank you for sharing. Your son will remember this event the rest of his life. BTW is Big Steam making a comeback? It would be nice to some of the Big Steam from the 1980-90s powered up & back on the rails again.

LATER

·
Registered
378 Posts
BIG BOY IS A COMING.

The #611 runs way back east so I will probably not see under steam it in my lifetime. Here in the Kansas City area I have seen the UP 844 & UP 3985 under steam at Union Station several times. I hope to see the UP 4014 when it is in KC town November 18-19th. Weather permitting of course. Winter storms in the Midwest can be very tricky for sure.

LATER

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The #611 runs way back east so I will probably not see under steam it in my lifetime. Here in the Kansas City area I have seen the UP 844 & UP 3985 under steam at Union Station several times. I hope to see the UP 4014 when it is in KC town November 18-19th. Weather permitting of course. Winter storms in the Midwest can be very tricky for sure.

LATER
Just got to make the effort. Lot's of steam in the east worth seeing. I have 844 and 4014 on my bucket list, I will make it out west sooner or later.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
That was very cool Gary. Besides those UP engines add Cass to your bucket list. Lots more cool engines and a ride that is hard to beat. Not to mention a lot closer.

Pete

·
Registered
191 Posts
Gary,

That was a trip that you will both remember for the rest of your lives.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts