Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After investing in a lot of modern stock I discovered Pre-War Lionel Tinplate. There is something about it that has me hooked.

DSCN2113.JPG

DSCN2114.JPG

DSCN2116.JPG

DSCN2246 (3).JPG

DSCN2249 (2).JPG

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,526 Posts
NICE!!!
how do you determine tinplate? by looking?
They are made out of tin. :p
Prewar stuff mainly. All metal trains.

But there is Modern tinplate being made now, a few of our members have them.
I think Bob the poet has some, I am surprised none of them chimed in yet.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,526 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
The first time I perused your pic.'s, I missed the added ties on the tubular. It just registered as one of modern upscale track systems.

The whole layout is very nice (I came back to look again).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The first time I perused your pic.'s, I missed the added ties on the tubular. It just registered as one of modern upscale track systems.

The whole layout is very nice (I came back to look again).
Thanks! I have a little time involved in those ties.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nice thanks for sharing those pictures . Your setup i really ike wish i had the room.Tinplate bug caught me as well long time ago they are simple and fun to maintain and run.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's a good question, I cannot give you a proper answer, I just know I like it. 80 plus years old and the stuff looks like new.
Are you looking for additions to your collection of Tinplate? I have a 1936 1070E Set that Teledoc rated EXC++ back when I shared pics in 2016. Doc loved it because it has the first 1688 made with thin casting and windows from the cab looking down the running boards. Let me know if you are interested and I will send pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts