Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several N scale locomotives; Broadway Limited, Lifelike, Kato, and German unit. All are DC except the BLI. I am looking to buy a DCC diesel locomotive and was wanting to get some opinions on what is a good runner.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Brawa, Piko, and Minitrix make very fine scale N scale locomotives in steam, Diesel, and electric. Some of the finest on the planet.

Unless you are modelling European outline though, I can't recommend any American locomotives as they make none.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Good DCC diesels

I have several N scale locomotives; Broadway Limited, Lifelike, Kato, and German unit. All are DC except the BLI. I am looking to buy a DCC diesel locomotive and was wanting to get some opinions on what is a good runner.

danpuckett;

I love Kato, and have many of their locomotives. Most of mine are older DC models, some of which I've converted to DCC. My newest Katos are a FP7 A & B in Milwaukee Road colors. They came with DCC installed, but not sound. (I'm going to use external layout-mounted sound, not onboard sound.) All Kato locomotives are smooth running. You really can't go wrong with Kato.

Good Luck, Have fun!

Traction Fan :smilie_daumenpos:

·
Registered
700 Posts
. If you want cheap but strong go lifelike you want good quality go Kato they are the best also atlas. stay away from mehano though ( I know from personal experience). And ALWAYS check http://www.spookshow.net/trainstuff.html I have been saved by this tactic one time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts