Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here a dues paying member of the 'National Association 'S' Gaugers'?
They had a booth at the train show in St. Paul this weekend. I went and had a good time.
Anyways, this July 7-11th, 2020 in Bloomington,Mn (a burb) they're holding their 60th reunion. I've put that on my calendar. I'm thinking of joining.
Homer T.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I am a member of TCA and TTOS, but not NASG. I really do not have a good reason for not joining.
You should attend the St Paul show and then let us know how the balance was between scale modelers, DC or DCC and KD couplers versus high rail guys like us who use conventional AC, FlyerChief or Legacy with standard Gilbert couplers.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Homer...I was a member for a couple of years while I was active in ouur local club. Being the only S gauge member there was a lot of valuable information I obtained. Sadly, medical and limited funds caused me to quit my membership. But if you are a AF loved well worth the money.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'll join, so I won't have to sneak in to the July get together. It turns out, Will H. whom I talked to for 20 mins at the show is their current President. He traveled to the show from IL.

Anyways, at the show were about 16 set up displays, all HO or smaller. I was really hoping for an American Flyer setup. The mix was probably 60% HO or smaller. 40% Lionel (old & new). Very little old AF, all too rough to consider. Some new AF stuff with the Lionel equipment. I knew beforehand it would probably be so. This show last hit Duluth, Mn 10 years ago.

http://wghshow.com/stp2020

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
Homer...I was a member for a couple of years while I was active in ouur local club. Being the only S gauge member there was a lot of valuable information I obtained. Sadly, medical and limited funds caused me to quit my membership. But if you are a AF loved well worth the money.
Hey, nice to see you posting again..Haven't heard from you in awhile.. Best of luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
As far as the vendors go, there is plenty of Flyer and Flyer compatible stuff at the NASG conventions. The organization works pretty hard to cater to all facets of S. There will also be Flyer layouts on the tours, Flyer related clinics, Flyer categories in the modeling contests, and a Flyer compatible Convention car, all of which are typical of conventions I have attended.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as the vendors go, there is plenty of Flyer and Flyer compatible stuff at the NASG conventions. The organization works pretty hard to cater to all facets of S. There will also be Flyer layouts on the tours, Flyer related clinics, Flyer categories in the modeling contests, and a Flyer compatible Convention car, all of which are typical of conventions I have attended.
That's good. Since it's a 4 day event and I live 80 outside of Mpls.
I'll stay "in town" at my brothers home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts