Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you access functions 13 to 28 on an NCE Power Cab?

I've tried a couple of different ways but nothing seems to happen with those function keys.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Have you read the manual?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Thanks for stating the obvious. I know, a lot of folks don't read the manuals, but I did and It was a bit confusing so I was hoping to get a reply from someone who has done it.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
It was a question, not a statement.

To enter functions from F10 to F19, enter Shift-Headlight, and the last digit of the function you require.

To enter functions from F20 to F29, enter Shift-Headlight twice, and the last digit of the function you require.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I had tried that but it wasn't working for me. I could get the F number range showing up in the window, but when I pressed the appropriate key, I got no response. There was something I still wasn't doing right. It may have had to do with misunderstanding if I needed to use the shift key as well.

The other way as described in the manual of setting the option button was a bit confusing. I couldn't quite grasp how I could do something with programming the cab with it unplugged from the power. I was also afraid of accidentally changing something as I would fumble through it. I was able to find an explanation online and even a you tube video of it that clarified the process. I was then able to make that option key change and now I get the F13 to F28 keys to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts