Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello........was wondering if any of you own or have used an NCE DCC system. I'm considering ordering an NCE Power Cab when I order the rest of my layout and would like to hear what the DCC veterans have to say. I like the PowerPro, but it is simply out of my price range, so that's why I'm not considering it. I have also looked into the Digitrax Zephyr and the MRC Prodigy Express, but eliminated them for various reasons. I know the NCE has only a two stack recall, but I don't belong to a club, and at this time don't have a forseeable need to run more than 2 trains at once, so I think the PowerCab will fit my needs. Hopefully someone has some info, as the DCC forum doesn't seem to be visited too often! Thank you all!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
You can now use the JMRI with MRC. I have MRC Advance and Like it a lot. I only wish I had the wireless system and plan to get it some day. I no nothing about NCE, I know of one person who has it. I got the MRC because it seemed the simplest to use.
????!
could you point out to the news? i'm looking at jmri page and i still don't see it updated...

i mean, if this so i'll just need to get their interface device, wireless cab and i'll be very happy...

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the NCE Power Cab. it is very easy to use. it has separate light, horn, and bell function buttons, which is very nice. there are two ways to control speed, either button or wheel. I do suggest it for anybody, it can easily be expanded.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have the NCE Power Cab. it is very easy to use. it has separate light, horn, and bell function buttons, which is very nice. there are two ways to control speed, either button or wheel. I do suggest it for anybody, it can easily be expanded.
I agree with what Drew said. I just got my PowerCab a little while ago and it was up and running in 5 mins. Its easy for us beginners and can expand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a NCE Power Cab last fall and it is real easy to install and use. I still get mixed up if I mess with the CVs, but that would be any DCC system. Power Cab is great for a beginner DCC person. I now have to convert all my DC locomotives over because DCC spoils you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts