Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New member here. I have been into HO slot cars my whole life. I recently got this old Marx Train n Turnpike set and had fun getting it up and running. Now I want my next setup to be a larger Marx car track and train track combo with realistic scenery. I bought a couple more old Marx engines and cars, but the engines have not been run in a long time. I do not know where to start when it comes to removing the motors and cleaning and oiling them. I also am mot sure about how to replace broken couplers. I have watched some videos, but the trains I see them fixing do not look anything like these old Marx trains. Is there a website where I can learn about them or do you guys have any other suggestions or should I just carefully try to take them apart and figure it out myself and hope I don't break anything.😆

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not up on cleaning and fixing old Marx, with most things I give it a blast of electronic cleaner, clean the wheels, remove any obvious lint and crud, and a dab of grease. One thing I do love about old
Marx is how solidly those beefy looking cars track. The hug the rails like glue. I’ve asked around, but have no feedback as to how those old motors continue to function, let us know what you find out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts