Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone owns a DCS52 wondering if you could help me? I was told by an online dealer who checked with Digitrax on this point,

and they said yes, I can set the speed on a loco, and have it run continuously, and power on-off the DCS 52 from a wall

timer, and when timer comes on and supplies power to the DCS 52, the loco will start up and run on the last throttle setting used.

My purpose is to have a DCC controlled display come on automatically each day at the same time. Could any of you DCS 52 owners

out there try this for me? Start up a locomotive, pull the plug on the DCS 52, then plug it back in and see if the loco starts up and runs again.

Also, if anyone knows of other brands or models that can do this, please advise.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
On my DCS51 there is a track power key that must be pressed to put power to the tracks.
This key will default to off when wall power is removed.
I see the same type power key on the DCS52 and I would assume it works the same way.
I don't see how you could remove wall power and than restore it and have the trains respond the way
you want, you must press the power key to get power to the tracks as far as I can tell.

Magic

·
Registered
9 Posts
If anyone owns a DCS52 wondering if you could help me? I was told by an online dealer who checked with Digitrax on this point,

and they said yes, I can set the speed on a loco, and have it run continuously, and power on-off the DCS 52 from a wall

timer, and when timer comes on and supplies power to the DCS 52, the loco will start up and run on the last throttle setting used.

My purpose is to have a DCC controlled display come on automatically each day at the same time. Could any of you DCS 52 owners

out there try this for me? Start up a locomotive, pull the plug on the DCS 52, then plug it back in and see if the loco starts up and runs again.

Also, if anyone knows of other brands or models that can do this, please advise.
I ran some tests yesterday and this morning with my DCS 52.
  1. Yesterday I just checked to see if the Track Status green light would relight after unplugged and replugged the power supply: It did.
  2. I turned on track power (Track Status light green) last night and unplugged the DCS 52. This morning I plugged in the power supply and the light was green. Track power was on.
  3. I sent my RDC around and around the truck this morning unplugging and replugging the power. The RDC would stop, and would start up again about 3-4 seconds after I connected the power supply -- same speed and same lights -- just like the dealer told you.
  4. I next parked the RDC on its siding with the lights on, unplugged power, waited, and then replugged power. Whichever lighting combination was selected before power was cut off was kept when the power to the DCS 52 was restored.
Note: Assuming that the DCS 52 will behave the same way as the DCS 51 might be a mistake, especially you are basing that advice on illustrations of the Track Power key on two different model controllers. Acting on that "information" is a personal choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts